WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Have Figured It Out


I think I have figured out a way to afford my camera! I am so happy, I hope it actually works. Those of you who have been reading my blog and talking to me know how desperate I am to have the Nikon D60. If you don't you can read the story here.

Every year when we get out income tax back, I take half and put it into a seperate savings account and this is our vacation money. I take the other half and put it on any debt. I have our vacation money sitting in an account making next to nothing so I am going to take it and put it into an ING savings account, they are give 3%. When I pull our vacation money out in September I should at least have a little extra for my camera. I am also going to try and put little here and a littlw there of extra money into my new account.

No comments: