WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ask For It part 2

I already posted about asking for discounts or deals click here or here to see prior posts. If you don't ask you don't even have a shot at getting a discount. What can they say? No, its just the word no. Trust me they won't come across the counter and slap you. They may want to, but they won't.

Anyway here is another little tip that I have figured out along the way. When you are asking for a discount or asking for something to be put right that you know they did wrong. Make sure, o.k. pay attention, write this down. Make sure you look as if you are not going anywhere until this is settled. I think the people working behind the counter, cash register. etc.. want to get rid of you as quickly as you want your issue resolved. If you take the stance that you are unsure or that you are wrong, you probably will not get your deal. I have had customer service and cashiers say, "I will have to get a manager for that." I always say, "o.k., I will wait right here." I might move to get out of others way but I stay close. When you are asking for something make sure (write this down) to:
#1 BE KIND-always
#2 Stand up straight
#3 Look into the eyes of the person
#4 Ask for what you want directly, no beating around the bush.
#5 If you know that you are right or have corp. policy with you, get a manager involved.

No comments: