WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Now the Good News


Now the good news. I am up and running better than before and I did some shopping last night, he he.

I went to CVS first, AFTER, the tornado touched down by our house of course. I did two transactions and here they are:

1st

2 Bounty paper towels
3 Duracell batteries
coupons used
2-.25 Bounty
3- .75 Duracell
$3 off $15 CVS purchase

Total ecb used $11.49
total OOP $3.96

2nd (I should have broken this up into two transactions to get another $3 off but oh well)

2 Chex Mix
2 Dawn dish soap
1 M & M 14oz
2 Swiffer wet
1 Gillette Fusion razor
1 Listerine Smart Rinse
2 CVS 60ct bandaids (these work for ecbs-40ct is advertised)

Coupons used
2-.25 Dawn
2-$1 Chex (these were free)
1- $1 off 2 Swiffer
1- $4 Fusion
1- $1 Listerine
$3 off $15 CVS purchase

Total ecbs used $25.69
Total OOP $3.50

---Total ECB's I have for next week $22.46



No comments: