WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Preparing for vacation!


I am so ready to get back to the beach this year. Besides the hurricane hitting just South of where we will be staying I think we will have a great time. If you remember a couple of posts back I was stressing out about using disposable cameras, since my point and shoot camera broke, and I am to poor to afford my hearts desire. Well I have a solution. Its called the Nikon N50, it is my old reliable film camera. Yes I said film. This camera is to the 90's as the D80 is to today. My N50 was top of the line in like 1994. To my surprise you can still buy film! This film thing lead to my trip to CVS this week. I checked my camera bag and to my surprise I had no film. Here is my CVS deal

8 rolls of CVS film 4.99 x 2
1 disposable underwater camera
1 blood tester 9.99
2 Colgate toothpaste 2.99 x 2
4 Goodys headache powder 1.78 x 4
1 Covergirl lip stick 5.99

I did 4 transactions
I used my $2 off $10 coupon for each transaction.
2 Colgate $1 coupons

I paid a total of $7.50 OOP for everything. I do not have any ECB's to roll for next time. This is o.k. since I got all the film I needed for less that what the camera cost by itself.

No comments: