WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Still Digitally Challenged

I hate to say, but, I am still digitally challenged and went to Kroger today. I am sorry to report that I do not have a picture of my load. The load this week probably would have covered the top of my freezer. My freezer is where all my pictures are taken. Here is the very looong list of things I got this week. Also this was broken up into 4 transaction because Krogers deal was buy 15 participating items receive $3 off bill. I broke up my transactions to get the most savings. Here we go:

2 Pepperidge Farm Goldfish
24 cans of Campbells soup
6 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars
4 lbs of I Can't Believe Its not Butter
1 bakery baguette
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 bag of sunflower seeds
1 bunch of celery
2 cucumbers
2 packs of Ball Park franks
2-2 liters of Diet Coke
1 Deli fried chicken
8 4 packs of Yoplait yogurt (shortcut discount as well)
1 Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 Jumbo packs of Huggies diapers (shortcut discount)
2 bags of Pillsbury frozen dinner rolls
1 bag of frozen Pillsbury biscuits
3 Johnson Buddies (FREE)
2 bottles of Greased Lightning
1 Kroger Sour Cream (FREE)
1 box of Chex Mix bars (.40 for 1 box) (shortcut discount)
1 pack of Kroger Oreo cookies
9 bags of Betty Crocker ready to make cookies
4 boxes of Bettery Crocker Supreme Brownie

I had coupons for just about everything I bought this week. I had so many coupons I handed a couple off to another shopper.

My total before coupons or discounts was $192.95

The Total I paid out of pocket $91.45

I had a total of $56.20 in coupons. I think that will pay for my next 5 renewals to the grocery game. I should have done a little better but I messed up one of my deals and forgot to use a coupon. My total would have been $4.50 cheaper if I had done everything correctly--UGH!

This is outrageously high for me but I was loading up on soups. I also bought two packs of diapers which shoot up a bill by themselves.



No comments: