WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Kroger trip today, success I say.



I went to Kroger today after many weeks of not going to Kroger. I spent $146.23. When I saw the total I started to get hot flashes, no I am not old enough for hot flashes-thanks for asking. Then I remembered the last time I did a big grocery shopping trip was back at the beginning of February. I was o.k. after that. This picture does not do the "load" justice. I had a couple of things not pictured because I ran out of space.

Here is the list:

2-6 pack of Danimal yogurts $1.69 each after $1 coupon
1 pack of sweet potato french fries not on sale $2.29
5-4 packs of Danactive yogurt $1.29 each after $1 off coupons
1 pack of Crayola toothbrushes $1.50
2 Oral b stages toothbrushes $3.38 before coupon. I had a B1G1 coupon
4 packs of Lenders bagels $1.69 (a company I should have stock in by the way)
4 bars of Kraft colby jack cheese $1.50each
1 lb of Private selection honey ham $5.99
1 bunch of asparagus $1.99 (trying Pioneer Womans asparagus)
6 Pillsbury french loafs on sale for 4/$5 I had .40 off 2
1 Kroger peanut butter on sale for $1.79 I had a .55 off coupon
1 fresh bag of spinach
1 FREE Kroger yogurt with a coupon they sent me
2 english cucumbers
7-4 packs of Hunts sugar free chocolate pudding on sale for 10/$10 I had coupons for $1 off 2
5.3 lbs of grapes $1 a pound on sale
2 packs of Kroger grape tomatoes $1 each
1 bag of lettuce hearts $2.99
1 bag of onions $1.99
6 cans of Rositas refried beans on sale 10/$10 I had coupon for $1 off 3
1 container of fresh mushrooms $1.48
1 egg plant .99 (making Sherri's famous egg plant Parmesan)
3 Kraft dressings $2.44 each
10-18oz jars of Peter Pan peanut butter on sale for $1.99 I had coupons for $1 off 2
2 jars of Planters peanuts 2/$5
2-2 liters of Crush soda on sale 4/$5 I had $1 off 2 coupon
1 16oz bottle of diet coke for the ride home .99
1 Snickers bar for the ride home .50
4 loaves of Natures Own bread
Before coupons and Kroger discounts my total was $242.64
After coupons and discount my total was $146.23

I had $96.41 in Kroger savings and coupons
I had $33.43 in coupons


Oh and by the way I have 251 fuel points that expires 4-30-09 which right now gets me .20 off per gallon.

No comments: