WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

K-Mart

I love K-Mart when they do double coupons. Yes I know Kroger doubles coupons all the time. What makes K-Mart so special? When they do double coupons they double all the way $2. A $2 coupon becomes a $4 coupon. The temptation was too much to stay away so I headed to K-Mart yesterday with coupon binder in hand.

I am sorry to say I have misplaced my receipt but here is what I got.

1 Gingerbread house kit $5.99 (on sale-no coupon)
6 boxes of Rice Krispies cereal 4 for $10 + a $1 coupon that doubled
2 Soleil razors $6.49- $2 Kmart discount + a $3 coupon
1 bag of Reeses Crisp candy + $1 coupon that doubled
1 Dove shampoo on sale for $3.79 + $2 coupon that doubled FREE
3 big candy bars Hershey for stocking stuffers
3 bags of Life Savers FREE after coupon. These were on sale for $1.79 + $1 coupon that doubled

My bill before coupons was a little over $40.

I paid OOP $10.48

No comments: