WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

God showing His love

I have been thinking about a verse we learned a couple of weeks ago. It's 1 John 4:19 which says, "We love because He first loved us." I have been meditating on this verse and rolling it around it my head, pointing it out to my children by acts of kindness.

I have had 2 random acts of kindness this week that have totally surprised and delighted me.

The first was on Monday when the kids and I went to Sam's Club. Yes, Sam's Club who knew. I was getting pretzels and a drink for us and it came to $3.10. I had the exact change, which for me to have the exact change or to have cash for that matter is a miracle from God. Anyway I gave the lady the money. Then I realized she didn't include the drink. UGH! I thought. I was digging for another .95 which was not there. I decided I would use my debit card, aka survival tool, to pay for our drink. The lady behind me said, "No, don't use your debit card for .95 here is a dollar." I declined and she insisted I take the dollar. So I took the dollar and thank the woman.

The second act of random kindness was last night. My hubby took one of the kids bowling. It was my childs first time ever bowling. There were two guys next to them who were throwing strike after strike and were impressed by my childs 105 game. Yes my child bowled a 105 and by the way said child is in kindergarden. My hubby and child bowled 3 games a piece. When my hubby went to pay the two guys who were on the lanes next to them had paid for 2 games.

Wow! I am in awe of Gods love. These are little acts of love but are not possible without God.

No comments: