WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Monday, February 16, 2009

CVS deal


I LOVE when a company gives me things to come back and shop in their store. I went to CVS on Friday night to fill as prescription. As my receipt printed out so did $13 in ECB's. The receipt said I had filled out a survery. I don't remeber doing a survey, I think CVS was just missing me. I was in desperate need of diapers so off I went on Sunday to CVS. They had Jumbo Huggies diapers for $8.99 a pack on Sunday only.
I did two transactions here they are:

1st transaction
3 Jumbo packs of Huggies diapers $8.99 each
1 Gillette Fusion Gamer razor $7.99 each

2nd transaction
1 pack of Jumbo Huggies diapers

My coupons

I had $1.50 coupons for each diaper pack
I had a $4 coupon for the razor
The razor gave back a $4 ECB
I had $13 in ECB's

I paid a total of $19.00 for everything.

The razor was FREE. It was $7.99 and gave back $4 ECB and I had a coupon for $4 off.

No comments: