WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

What Fun at Kroger today



Today I went to Kroger and what fun it was! I was scanning the soups and looking at coupons when a couple of ladies walked by. One lady said, "Is that your coupon binder?" I say, "of course it is." We all stood in front of the soups and carried on a nice conversation, we talked about using our coupons and getting good deals. We ran through some of the buys of the week. They showed me their organizational tools and I showed mine. We wished each other the best and headed on our separate ways. That was really fun, all the time that I have been Grocery Gaming and shopping with my coupons this is the first time that I have actually met a fellow couponer in a store. Couponer? Is that even a word? It is now.

I had $104.00 worth of stuff and paid $67.02. I had a total of $41.23 in coupons. This is a %59 savings!!

Here is a list of everything I bought:

48 cans of Campbells cream soups I had .40 off 4 coupons
7 bottles Frenchs Worchester sauce (ALL FREE w/ COUPON)
6 packs of Lenders Bagels (on sale no coupon)
1 bottle of Diet Coke (My first in a week)
1 Private Selection ice cream had 1.oo coupon
1 Kroger ice cream
7 bottles Softsoap liquid soap .30 each with coupons
7 boxes of Quaker oats square cereal $1 box with coupons
1 small bottle of miracle whip NO ON SALE & NO COUPON :(
1 Febreeze noticeables I had $5 manu. coupon & 1 $5 P & G esaver coupon
This item gave me almost $3 in overage. It was on sale for $6.99 and I got $10 off.
1 box Kroger ice cream cones
1 bottle of Kroger peanuts
2 Kroger vegetable oil

If my calculations are correct I now have $229 in Kroger qualifying money which should give me $.20 per gallon off on gas.

No comments: