WELCOME

I am a stay at home mom who is fed up with spending a large portion of income on grocery bills. It is my job, according to God, to be a good help mate for my husband. I am trying to live up to my job description. I am starting a journey into the grocery coupon world and invite you to come with me. I have never used coupons for grocery shopping and as of January 1st 2008 I am diving in. I will be using http://www.thegrocerygame/ , http://www.moneysavingmom.com and the http://www.couponmom.com/ website to guide me on how to save money. I am going to treat this adventure as a part time job and put in the hours necessary to make it work. I am excited and nervous to get started.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Back in the saddle of Kroger

of my
Last week I went to Kroger. Sorry for not posting sooner but I lost my receipt until recently when I unpacked a kroger bag that was in the basement on the floor waiting to be put away on my shelves. Man did I spend the money! Maybe that is why I lost the receipt I was subconsciously trying to block out the paint. I spent $145.63. Let me tell you I had hot flashes and thought I would pass out when I heard that total.
I took some pictures from my camera while I was in the store. Here at my house it was pouring down rain and there was no way I was carrying everything in unpacking it, organizing it and then putting it all away. Here is the skinny on everything I bought.

List of items
3 packs of Luv diapers
6 packs of Goodys powder (hubby loves this for headaches)
3 large bottles of Vaseline cocoa butter lotion (for my mom)
4 bottles of childrens Advil (GREAT DEAL- on sale for $3 each and there was a $2 coupon attached to the box. Since they dont expire until 2011 I bought 4)
1 McCormick spice(needed not on sale)
9-6 packs of Dannon yogurt
7 bags of Pillsbury frozen biscuits
7 bottles of Wishbone Blue Cheese salad dressing
5 boxes of Barilla piccilini pasta
12- Pillsbury cresent rolls (4 in a tube) Very freezer friendly by the way
3 boxes of Kraft Philly cream cheese
6 boxes of Raisin Brand cereal
3.83 lbs of grapes
1 bag of potatoes
6 tubs of Land O Lakes butter
1 tub of tomatoes
2 tubs of strawberries
16 cans of Del Monte fruit
2 cucumbers
2 bottles of Clorox Clean Up

I had $70.35 in coupons
My total savings with Kroger and coupons was $180.48

TOOP was $145.63 which was a %56 savings.


I took pictures in the store of my cart but for the life of me I cant figure out how to transfer those pics to my computer. I did manage to get a picture of my receipt from my digital camera. I dont seem to have a cord with USB connections on both ends. UGH!

No comments: